Welcome to 2nd grade! I’m looking forward to a wonderful year together. If you haven’t had a chance yet, please complete this Parent Survey. All results are confidential and will help me get to know your child. Thank you!!
I will give your child many tools that we will use every day (crayons, pencils, folders, notebooks), but I would love some help with these specialty items.
Please bring these supplies to our Open House on Wednesday, August 21.
- earbuds (please label with your child’s name, a piece of tape works well)
- box of 10 fine tip washable markers for your child, mixed colors
- gym shoes (kept in your child’s locker)
- 1 box of dry erase markers for our class to share (any size and color)
- sticky notes for our class to share (3×3 size)
- 1 glue stick
- 1 highlighter
- 1 pair of child’s scissors, labeled with your child’s name
- 1 box of Kleenex
- 1 box of graham crackers (for those days that kids forget to bring a snack)
- Optional: 1 game that your child can teach the class how to play during indoor recess. It will be returned at the end of the year. Please write your child’s name on the box or bag.
Important items your child should bring to school every day.
- backpack (big enough for a lunchbox, folder, library book, and winter snow gear)
- filled water bottle (water only, no juice please)
- 2 healthy snacks (one for the morning and one for the afternoon… second graders get hungry!)
Thanks so much for helping your child get ready for second grade! Please email me if you have any questions. 🙂
Mrs. Bast: firstname.lastname@example.org