This Tuesday is our last Summer Library! Library books can be dropped off between 10 am and noon. Hope to see you there!!
To help me get to know your child, please complete this Parent Survey. All results are confidential and will help me prepare for the upcoming school year. Click this link for more information about school supplies – First Grade Supply List. Looking forward to a wonderful year together!
First Grade Families,
Wow! The first day of school is almost here. I can hardly believe that it is already the end of August! To ease the transition into the new school year, be sure to attend our Georgetown School Open House on August 27 from 6:30-7:30.
At the Open House, each child will have a chance to meet me, explore our classroom, find his/her locker, and even pick out a seat for the first day of school. It will be a great way to start our school year together! Until then, keep checking the blog for important information about first grade.
Two additional notes:
1. If you have not done so already, please fill out the FIRST GRADE SURVEY. I would love to know if your child has a nickname that he/she likes to be called and I would also like to gather your e-mail addresses as soon as possible. (These questions are in the survey.)
2. Check out the SCHOOL SUPPLIES post if you still need to stock up on your school items. You and your first grader are welcome to bring these things to our Open House next week. (This will help to lighten up backpacks for the first day of school!)
Looking forward to seeing you next Wednesday at our Open House!
Mrs. Bast 🙂
Happy July! If you are a list person like I am, you may want to keep this supply list handy for when the BACK TO SCHOOL sales start. Your first grader will need these items for this coming year. I will provide most of the essentials, but I would love some help!
Things your child should bring to school on Tuesday, September 2:
- gym shoes (to be kept in your child’s locker at school)
- pencil box
- headphones (whatever is comfortable/durable for your child)
- 1 pair of scissors (blunt tip with your child’s name written on it)
- 1 highlighter
- 1 rectangular eraser (or more)
- 1 glue stick
- reusable water bottle labeled with your child’s name
- DON’T FORGET A HEALTHY MORNING SNACK EVERY DAY!!
The items below are also needed and will be shared by our community of learners:
- 1 box of 12 colored pencils
- 1 box of dry erase markers
- 1 box of Kleenex
This year I have been able to supply the classroom with many of the tools that your child will use each day (crayons, pencils, pens, folders, notebooks, etc.). These supplies will be kept at your child’s desk or inside his/her pencil box.
Thanks so much for helping your child get ready for first grade. Please e-mail me if you have any questions.
Mrs. Bast firstname.lastname@example.org