SAVE THE DATE!
Our grade 1-5 Open House is on Wednesday, August 22 from 6:30-7:30. Feel free to bring any of your child’s supplies with you to the open house. It really helps them feel settled in and prevents heavy backpacks on the first day. 🙂 Please see the tab to the left for a complete list of school supplies. Looking forward to seeing you!
Hello Second Grade Families!
I hope you are having a wonderful summer! To help me learn more about your child, please fill out this quick survey: All About Your Second Grader. The results will be kept confidential and will help me prepare for the upcoming school year.
Looking for information about school supplies? Click this link: School Supply List.
Happy July! I will give your child many tools that we will use every day (crayons, pencils, folders, notebooks), but I would love some help with these specialty items.
Please bring these supplies to our Open House on Wednesday, August 22.
- pencil box (make sure that it can open and close easily)
- earbuds (please label with your child’s name, a piece of tape works well)
- gym shoes (kept in your child’s locker)
- 1 box of dry erase markers (any size and color)
- sticky notes (3×3 size)
- 1 glue stick
- 1 highlighter
- 1 pair of child’s scissors, labeled with your child’s name
- 1 box of Kleenex
- 1 box of graham crackers
- 1 box of bandaids
- 1 container of Clorox wipes
Important items your child should bring to school every day.
- backpack (big enough for a lunchbox, folder, library book, and winter snow gear)
- filled water bottle (water only, no juice please)
- 2 healthy snacks (one for the morning and one for the afternoon… second graders get hungry!)
Thanks so much for helping your child get ready for second grade! Please email me if you have any questions. 🙂
Mrs. Bast: email@example.com
Keep On Learning With Reading & Mobymax
Studies have shown that students can lose up to 50% of learning during the summer vacation. Georgetown is challenging you and your child to “KEEP ON LEARNING” this summer to prevent summer slide. There are two ways to record your learning time:
Our goals for students over the summer are below. Students who reach or exceed goals will be entered in a drawing for an Amazon Gift Card (1 per grade). This is for their grade next year.
- First Grade: 100 minutes
- Second Grade: 200 minutes
- Third Grade: 300 minutes
- Fourth Grade: 400 minutes
- Fifth Grade: 400 minutes
- First Grade: 100 pts
- Second Grade: 200 pts
- Third Grade: 300 pts
- Fourth Grade: 400 pts
- Fifth Grade: 500 pts
- Reading: Log into this form to record the number of minutes you read. You can record each day or enter the total for each week.
If your child is new to the school and you would like login information, email Mrs. Reagan. firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great summer…and keep on learning with READING and MOBYMAX!