Our second graders are exploring different ways to write numbers and also thinking about numbers using 100’s, 10’s and 1’s. Place value and number sense concepts will prepare our students for two digit addition in the upcoming weeks. Here is a copy of the most recent parent letter:
Our class is participating in the BOOK IT! Program to encourage reading at home. Your child will receive a monthly reading calendar October-March. Each time kids read at home, they mark it on their calendars. At the end of the month kids bring their calendars back to school and they will receive a coupon for a FREE personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. This coordinates perfectly with our weekly reading homework and rewards kids for being readers at home. Look for the first Book It calendar this week!
- Race Location: Eagle Stadium on Baldwin MS campus
- Race Date: October 29, 2019
- Race Time: Races begin at 5:00 PM. Gates open at 4:30 PM.
- Race Information: The Turkey Trot is designed for elementary school children but we will have one additional race for 6-12 graders
- Entry Fee: $6.00 Per Person
- Prizes: Turkeys, Apple Cider and Pumpkins.
- Individual Race Groups: PK-2nd grade: less than ¼ mile. Grades 3-5: less than a mile. Grades 6-12: less than a mile. If your child needs special accommodations, please let your PE teacher know.
- Entry Deadline: Monday, October 7, 2019
- Late Registration: On race day, late registration and additional shirts will be available at the late registration table near the stadium entrance.
- Severe Weather: In the case of severe weather and cancellation, the Turkey Trot will not be rescheduled.
Our BIG and ONLY school fundraiser is schedule for Friday, 9/27/19. We will be holding an all school GO EAGLES Walk•A•Thon — a day for everyone to wear blue & gold — and also the same day as our Homecoming Football Game.
The money raised for our Walk•A•Thon funds all events for the year: Parent/Child Programs, On Line Learning Platforms (RAZ KIDS), equipment for Art, Music, PE, STEAM Studio, books for classrooms and the library, playground equipment, etc.
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: K, 1st, 2nd Graders Walk
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: 3rd, 4th, 5th Graders Walk
- Walkathon ends at 11:30.
What are the prizes?
● TOP EARNING WINNERS from EACH GRADE: Lunch and dessert with MRS. REAGAN
● Top WINNING CLASSROOM: Limo Ride AND Lunch at Pizza Ranch.
● EVERY PARTICIPANT who raises $30 or more will receive an Eagles Tshirt!
● EVERY PARTICIPANT will be entered into drawings to win raffle prizes such as an electric Razor scooter, Target gift cards and gift certificates to Hudsonville Lanes, Holland Aquatic Center, Celebration Cinema, Craig’s Cruisers, Rebounderz and Eagle Athletic passes.
- September 27th: Georgetown Elementary Walkathon
- September 30th: Completed donation forms and money due back to school
- Early October: Results announced and prizes awarded
Any questions or if you can help the day of the event please contact Audrey Straub at 616-644-5318 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every child who raises $30 or more will receive an EAGLES T-Shirt. These are also linked below.
Thanks for supporting our wonderful school!