First Day of School!

I hope that your family is enjoying a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day weekend. Our first day of school is Tuesday, September 2. The bell to line up rings at 8:45 am. If you are dropping off your child, please make sure to arrive after 8:30/8:35 as our playground helpers are not outside until this time. When your child arrives at school, he/she may go right to the first grade/kindergarten playground. After the bell rings, I will help our class line up. We’ll wave goodbye, walk inside the building, take care of the many things in our backpacks, make lunch choices and get started on our first day in first grade!

Two other important notes:

Healthy Snacks – In order to keep our nut, egg, and milk allergy students healthy and safe, we will be keeping our classroom nut free. Please read the healthy snacks letter to better understand which snacks are appropriate to send with your student each day.  Because of the carpet in our classroom, we are only allowed to drink water in our room.  Please feel free to send a water bottle to school with your student, but no juice please.

Birthdays – We have many birthdays to celebrate this year and we are going to have fun doing it! One detail that might be a change from kindergarten is that first graders do not bring in a birthday snack. This is a decision we made for the safety of our nut allergy friends. Please read the note for more details, but know that your child’s special day will still be celebrated in a fun way with the class.

If you have any questions about the first day or anything else, please send me an e-mail: dbast@hpseagles.net

**For those of you who signed up to be a classroom sight word volunteer, we will not be starting for the first few weeks of school in order to establish our routines. I will be in contact with you soon about training. Thanks so much for supporting our students!